Sunday, October 7, 2007

Abortion Recovery

For me, there was the agonizing question, “What happened to that little soul?”

Returning to the Church, I found forgiveness in the confessional, where the priest let me pour out my heart and gave me absolution. He also assured me that “God takes care of the little souls.”

I left the confessional feeling immensely relieved, but before long, the nightmares started again. It was clear that the hard part came next, which was forgiving myself.

One day, I picked up a church bulletin and saw a notice about a ministry called Post-Abortion Treatment and Healing. Truthfully, I was surprised, because I thought the Catholic Church was too strict to bless such programs.

I had forgotten the whole mercy thing.

Don't we all. Read the story here.

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: